This Page

has been moved to new address

Product Rave: L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Product Rave: L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Product Rave: L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black

Do you want the look of fake lashes without the hassle of glue and poking yourself with tweezers? Me too! Which is why I am so excited about my L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara. I have been quite dubious of L'Oreal mascaras in the past (all promise and no pay-off) but they have certainly stepped up their game with this one.

Not only does it lengthen, it also thickens and curls lashes with the darkest pigment of black giving the illusion of fake lashes. So much so that I actually had a woman at a beauty counter ask me if my eyelashes were fake this week. The brush is the perfect compromise for people on opposite side of the brush-size preference spectrum; it is large enough to add wow factor, but not too small to be obsolete. Thankfully L'Oreal refrained from going down the "brush on steroids" road like some other brands (AHEM! Benefit Bad Gal Lash...).

If I had to compare this to a high-end mascara then I would say that it is comparable to the YSL Faux Cils
or Benefit Bad Gal Lash. My one bone (or should I say lash?) to pick with this mascara is that by the end of the day there are a few flakes of fall-out, but it is not excessive.

4 Comments:

At March 17, 2010 at 8:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always used L'oreal voluminious. The regular one. It is fantastic. It's the only mascara that really works with my lashes in both formula and brush. So I decided to get the carbon black because of all the hype. It is terrible compared to the original in blackest black. No darker, no better and that horrible smudging and flaking! It looks awful! I am so annoyed by it I don't think I'll even finish the tube.

My advice: try the regular one. Get it in black and just work it carefully through your lashes. You get amazing volume and length and separation. People always think I have fake lashes on because mine end up so extreme but also defined and natural looking...you know what I mean?

Anyway, I have been fuming about this mascara for a week, so I'm glad I got to have my mini rant.

Alice

 
At March 17, 2010 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I have never tried the regular one! If it gives the same effect without the flaking then I am all over it. I wonder why they would release the carbon black if it is not as good as the original? I guess it was all a marketing strategy. I wrote this review a month ago and just forgot to post it, so now I am using another mascara since I finished the L'Oreal. That means I can go and by the original!!

 
At March 17, 2010 at 8:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think maybe the carbon black it a bit darker.... but not much.

I loooove this mascara and the brush so much that I never shop around. I am usually completely satisfied with it.

 
At March 18, 2010 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I agree about the brush-it is not too big and not too small. Also, it doesn't have obnoxious width (AHEM! Benefit Bad Gal Lash...)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home