This Page

has been moved to new address

The Scent of A Woman

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: The Scent of A Woman

Monday, March 15, 2010

The Scent of A Woman

I am in constant pursuit of my signature scent. There are definitely certain scent notes that people in my life associate with me (vanilla, cinnamon, amber); thus, whenever I stroll the perfume section of a department store and am accosted by an army of spritzer women, I am secretly searching out my perfect scent.

Time and again I have been sure that I have found THE ONE scent that screams "Lydia!", but alas my fidelity is challenged with a fresh waft of scented air.

For you all, I have compiled a list of my all time favourite perfumes, both past and present loves. You will notice that they all (with few exceptions) belong to the same vanilla/oriental/spice family which I persistently favour over more floral scents. Additionaly, I prefer the more saturated eau de parfums to the fleeting eau de toilettes. Please feel free to offer up suggestions or post your own personal favourites.

1) Yves St Laurent- La Parisienne
Notes: blackberry, damask rose, and sandalwood













2) Thierry Mugler- Angel
Notes: Bergamot, Hedione, Helional, Honey, Dewberry, Red Berries, Vanilla, Caramel, Patchouli, Chocolate, Coumarin













3) Hanae Mori- Butterfly
Notes: Strawberries, Bilberries, Black Currant, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Sandalwood, Almond, Praline













4) Lolita Lempicka- "L"
Notes: Bitter Orange, Cinnamon, Immortal, Vanilla, Precious Woods, Solar Notes, Musk












5) Dior- Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum
Notes: Green Tangerine, Violette, Pink Jasmine, Patchouli, Crystalline Musk, Strawberry Leaves, Caramelized Popcorn, Strawberry Sorbet.
 










 
6) Dior- Hypnotic Poison
Notes: Bitter Almond, Caraway Spice, Sambac Jasmine, Cinnamon, Tuberose, Vanilla, Musk, Mosses, Jucarunda Wood.












7) Viktor and Rolf- Flowerbomb
Notes: Sambac Jasmine, Centifolia Rose, Cattleya Orchid, Ballerina Freesia, Patchouli













8) Juicy Couture- Viva La Juicy
Notes: Wild Berries, Mandarins, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Jasmine, Amber, Caramel, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Praline.













9) Burberry- Brit Eau de Parfum
Notes: Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka Bean












10) Michael Kors-Very Hollywood
Notes: Mandarin, Gardenia, Vetiver













11) Vera Wang- Princess
Notes: Water Lily, Lady Apple, Mandarin Meringue, Golden Apricot Skin, Ripe Pink Guava, Tahitian Flower, Wild Tuberose, Dark Chocolate, Pink Frosting Accord, Precious Amber, Forbidden Woods, Royal Musk Captive, Chiffon Vanilla.













12) Cacherel- Amor Amor
Notes: vanilla, jasmine, black currant

 











Affordable Honourable Mentions: Victoria Secret- Vanilla Lace, Victoria Secret- Amber Roance, Benefit- My Place or Yours Gina

8 Comments:

At March 16, 2010 at 12:05 PM , Anonymous Romy said...

Nice to meet you on twitter! Like your blog, follow my blog as well! My fav fragrances are SO different than yours. Tops are TOVA Signature, Perfect Veil by Sarah Horowitz Parfums, Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue, Gucci by Gucci, Dark Amber and Ginger Lily by Jo Malone, and Narcisso Rodriguez for Her--I'm a musk, fresh, clean citrus kind of girl :-)

 
At March 16, 2010 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Great to meet you too! I have really wanted to try the Dolce Gabbana Light Blue. I have heard so many positive things about it. I will definitely be testing some of those scents in my attempt to branch out of my vanilla box. LOL!

 
At March 16, 2010 at 6:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wear the same Vera Wang Princess in the winter, and the D+G Light Blue in the summer. And those are the only perfumes I've ever found that I like. So I have a feeling you'll like the Light Blue.

Alice

 
At March 16, 2010 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I need a good summer scent! D&G is officially on my shopping list. Good to know that I am not the only one who has perfumes classified by season (Ex, Michael Kors is a very spring/summer scent to me).

 
At March 24, 2010 at 5:39 PM , Blogger Heather said...

wow i love most of these. you forgot dolce and gabbana light blue. my fave! have you smelled the tom ford black orchid? its amazing

 
At March 24, 2010 at 5:43 PM , Blogger Heather said...

or alien by thierry mugler? the bottle is pretty. you also might like Aquolina pink sugar. its soo good. but it is a eau de toilette

 
At March 24, 2010 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Heather said...

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P224800&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5770

 
At March 24, 2010 at 6:19 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

The Tom Ford fragrance sounds really nice! I will have to check it out in stores. I am going to pick up a bottle of the Light Blue as well; it has been recommended to my by so many people. My mom wears Pink Sugar and on her it smells DELICIOUS, but something about it does not work with my skin chemistry. It makes me smell like I am seconds away from a diabetic coma. But it really is a great perfume for so many people.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home