This Page

has been moved to new address

Get the Angelina Jolie Look...at least for your nails

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Get the Angelina Jolie Look...at least for your nails

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Get the Angelina Jolie Look...at least for your nails

**excuse my sloppy nail polish application**
Sephora by OPI's "I'm With Brad" is a vampy, flirty, and chic colour that (considering the name) seems to emulate the persona of Angelina Jolie. I honestly never would have chosen this colour for myself, but it came in a free trio that I received after redeeming my Sephora Beauty Insider points. I figured that I would apply it tonight so that if I did not like it, I would not have to commit to wearing it the whole day (yes, I am a nail polish commitment-phobe).
Suprisingly, I love it! The base of this colour is a dark brownish-black maroon that has a scarlet red duo chrome when it hits the light. This saves the colour from crossing the line into gothic and keeps it very contemporary. I personally think that this colour is more suited for a night out and is a little too dramtic for day wear, but that's just me.
The application of this polish was a dream after two coats. The first coat left my nails a streaky, slightly sheer brown, but the second coat turned the shade completely opaque and streak free. I did not even bother with a top coat because the finish was so smooth and fast drying. It has the usual OPI easy to use brush that picks up just the right amount of product and smooths the pollish smoothly over nails.

Grade: A-

Labels:

7 Comments:

At April 21, 2010 at 10:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Q-tip dipped in polish remover! Or one of those nailpolish remover pens. But I find them not as useful as the q-tip.

Alice

 
At April 21, 2010 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I did that, thanks! I found that I couldn't get the polish out of my cuticles without touching the nail. So this morning in the shower I soaked my nails in hot water and it rubbed right off in the cuticles :) Now I am always going to do my polish at night and fix it in the shower the next morning.

 
At April 21, 2010 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Heather said...

i have that one! its one of my faves!

 
At April 22, 2010 at 12:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This color looks great with your skintone! I saw in your other nail polish review that you usually go for light colors but you should take more risks cause you're beautiful light skin probably looks good with almost every color. This blog is great, thanks for all the reviews. Ps you should do more tutorials ;)

 
At April 22, 2010 at 12:47 AM , Anonymous Kay | Business Card Printing said...

I often use dark color nail polish because they can make my hand look clean and fresh. My only problem is I am having the time applying them :)

 
At April 22, 2010 at 4:38 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Anonymous Thank you so much!! It makes me so happy to know that you are enjoying my blog.

This colour was definitely out of my comfort zone but I have to thank my friend Alice for pushing me to try it. I am expanding my nail polish repertoire, hahaha! As for tutorials, let me know if you have any requests :)

 
At May 1, 2010 at 8:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should do one of those "overhyped products" video ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home