This Page

has been moved to new address

Take A Walk In My Shoes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Take A Walk In My Shoes

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Take A Walk In My Shoes

**For full descriptions and explanations, please watch the video posted below**

Let me preface this post by saying you will NEVER see my feet in clogs. N.E.V.E.R. I don't care who designed them or how in trend they are-I hate them.

Phew! Now that I got that off my chest, I can share with you some current summer trends that I am loving! But first here are a few tips:

-Be aware of proportions and where you carry your weight


-Do not overwhelm your outfit with an overembellished shoe. Let one thing be the show piece, either the shoes or the outfit.


-Don't wear buy a pair of shoes just because they are the newest trend. If you genuinely like them and will wear them, fine. But don't feel you have to wear a certain trend if it doesn't suit your personal style.


-Experiment with colours and textures. Summer is the time to be adventurous, so stray out of your black and brown rut.

Summer Shoe Trends

1) Gladiator

Gladiator sandals and heels are distinguished by their plethora of straps and an Ancient Roman aesthetic (or what my brother refers to as "Jesus sandals"). This summer, there are many different interpretations on the style-from a more minimalistic rendition to very strappy and multicoloured. Personally, I prefer the more simplistic gladiators because they don't overwhelm my already large foot (I am a 9.5) or appear bottom heavy since I carry my length in my torso.

2) Blinged-Out Sandals: Jewels and Metallics

The perfect way to add glamour and colour for daywear. WARNING: The sun is attracted to metallics, so make sure to put sunscreen on your feet unless you want to look like a lobster all summer. The sun doesn't discriminate so protect ALL exposed skin.

3) Wedges

Easy to walk in? Check. Give you height and confidence? Check. Comfortable and versatile? Check.

a-Cork Heel Wedge

b-Wood Heel Wedge

c-Platform Wedge

d-Multi-Strap Wedge

4) Cuffed Ankles/Faux Boot Sandal

This trend should come with a disclaimer: If you are bottom heavy or lack length in your leg, opt for a slimmer cuff around the ankle as opposed to the full boot high-top.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At May 27, 2010 at 6:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have so many pretty shoes! Even if I wouldn't wear a lot of them. Personal style statement: Alice will never wear gladiators. Euck. They look cute on other people though! And I actually quite like the yellow ones. But I would consider them only quasi-gladiators.

 
At May 27, 2010 at 7:39 PM , Anonymous Sarah Gracey said...

Ooo I have those naughty monkey gladiator sandles in like a bronze metalic color and I love them! They're my fav sandle I own.

 
At May 27, 2010 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Alice You won't catch me in full on gladiators ever. My body shape doesn't work with that style because they cut me in a weird place and make my feet look akward.

@Sarah Why am I not suprised that we have the same shoes? I <3 the Naughty Monkey shoe line-they are so unique and comfortable.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home