This Page

has been moved to new address

Review: Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Review: Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Review: Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray

What Urban Decay claims:

A revolutionary, technologically advanced makeup-setting spray that's suited for all skin types and keeps your makeup in place for up to 16 hours. It's the new final step to your makeup routine! This weightless, super-fine mist holds foundation, eyeshadow, blush, and concealer in place so that makeup looks picture-perfect all day long. Temperature Control Technology prevents makeup from a melt down when it's warm and avoids makeup dehydration and cracking when it's cold. All Nighter works expertly on all skin types and prevents loss of color, melting, sliding, caking, cracking, excess shininess, fading blush, eyeshadow, and lip color disappearance. AND it's formulated to resist moisture, so you can fearlessly sweat, cry, or get your Jacuzzi on—you're guaranteed makeup that always looks just-applied, without ever feeling sticky or tight. Backed by years of science, All Nighter is simply unlike any other product available and keeps you looking flawless with just a couple sprays on top of your makeup.

What do I think?

Rubbish. I really wanted to love this product after hearing and reading so many reviews waxing it's glory golden, but my experience was less than mediocre. I tested this product on two separate occasions using two different foundations and they produced the same results. (FYI: I have combination skin that does not typically become oily through the day, unless there is extreme heat)

Day 1

I did not apply a primer to my face (only moisturizer) or lids because I wanted to test the true longevity of this product. I used Makeup Forever HD foundation and MAC eyeshadows which I finished with four squirts of Urban Decay All Nighter-over my eyes and forehead, my chin, and each cheek. The product felt very refreshing and dried quite quickly without changing the finish of my makeup. But that is where the positives end. Within three hours I noticed my makeup fading in splotchy areas and I was having a breakthrough of oil. By the 6th hour, my foundation has pretty much disappeared, however my eyeshadow had not budged at all. I thought that perhaps this product was not compatible with my foundation so I opted to try it the next day with another formula.

Day 2

Used with Revlon Colourstay Foundation and MAC eyeshadows, I applied four sprays in the same areas as the previous day. Typically, my Revlon Foundation lasts ALL DAY, maintaining pigmentation, coverage, and a matte finish. However, within several hours I was once again noticing a sheen to my face and new breakouts that had not been there two days ago. As the day before, my eyeshadow did not budge even though I was not wearing Urban Decay Primer Potion (a product I do love).

My conclusions: I was very disappointed by this product in light of its impressive claims. The fact that my eyeshadow did not move does mean that product is somewhat successful. I am not sure why it did not work for my foundation aside from my skin being irritated by an ingredient(s). I am curious to hear about your experiences, good and bad with this product. I can see this becoming a "holy grail" product for those who have found it successful, but I, sadly, am not one of them. This product was returned to Sephora for a full refund.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 9, 2010 at 2:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, love. I wanted to comment you back about the Nanoblur but wasn't sure if you'd check back on my page... the company is OUT of canada so you are in luck!
Thanks for the comment!!

 
At July 12, 2010 at 7:27 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Thank you so much!! This means that I will be making an order ASAP LOL. I appreciate you looking into it for me and leaving me a mesage. Love ya xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home