This Page

has been moved to new address

August In and Out

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: August In and Out

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August In and Out



Lollipop26 is one of my favourite beauty bloggers, and she has me hooked on her In/Out series. I thought I would join in on the trend!

IN

1) Dermalogica
This warrants a blog post/video all of its own, but here is a quick preview. Recently I spent the weekend in the US (Seattle to be exact) and I had my "face mapped" at Ulta. This means you have to brave the outdoors sans makeup so that an esthetician can examine your face under lights and recommend products specifically for you. I was recommended a basket full of products from Dermalogica and my skin has not looked this good in years.

2) Revlon Lipsticks, my cheaper dupe for Chanel Rouge Coco
In case the influx of Revlon lip posts has not been evidence enough, these lipsticks are my new vice. I still love my Chanel, but I am in lust with the Revlon price tag. But I think I have waxed these golden enough in previous posts so I will tip my hat and move on.

3) Surf Spray
Who knew that beachy waves would be so easy to achieve? Bumble and Bumble has a great product but FX Special Effects Surf Mist is a great drugstore brand that is more affordable. I have been using this product every other day in preparation for my Mexican getaway in a few weeks. I wanted to see if my naturally curly hair could relax with Surf Mist and it can!

4) SJP NYC
Usually celebrity fragrances disappoint me-they always have too much of something, may it be sweetness or musk; but, this new fragrance by Sarah Jessica Parker is the perfect summer fragrance. Not only is the multi-patterned canister gorgeous, but  it is designed to be reusable and durable enough for travel. The notes are predominantly fruity (strawberry and mandarin) with light floral and creamy musk undertones.

5) Vintage looking Jane Austen books
I am relocating to the West Coast and that calls for a decorating overhaul. The look I am going for is shabby chic/vintage Parisian. Aside from makeup, my other obsession is books. Every time I see a vintage looking (because I could never afford an early edition) Jane Austen book I am compelled to buy it. I now own several in a plethora of textures and colours (mostly pastels) that will be going on display.

OUT

1) Vancouver's Public Transportation
Gone are the days that I could simply hop on the metro and be downtown Montreal in 10 minutes. Vancouver's notoriously slow and thin public transit has me essentially house bound until I get my driving permit.

2) Buying books on EBay
On the bright side, I found a rare/out-of-print book series that I have been hunting for for years at a ridiculously low price. On the low side, the books arrived so saturated in cigarette smoke that it almost sent me into a bronchial attack.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 11, 2010 at 2:25 AM , Blogger Samelevennn said...

I never knew there was such a thing as 'face mapping' - but you have inspired me to try. :]

I loved this post, I hope you keep doing these in and outs!

 
At August 11, 2010 at 2:47 AM , Blogger Lydia said...

Thanks! I didn't about face mapping either! It was a complete fluke. I walked into Ulta looking for a lipstick and one of the consultants told me that I could get my face mapped for free! You don't even have to buy the products if you don't want to. I will have to do a post to explain the whole experience.

 
At August 11, 2010 at 7:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even cheaper surf spray: take a spray bottle, dump in a bunch of fine grained sea salt. Add water and shake.

Take it from a curly haired girl who loves the ocean. The main curling ingredient in most sprays is salt, anyway. So if you just want to use some of this (not enough to make your hair gross) and then some gel, mousse, etc, to hold it, you are golden.

So you are planning to stay in BC? I am sad. But happy if you are happy (and you are with your family and on the coast, how could you not be?).

Keep up the blog and I want more YT videos!

Alice

 
At August 19, 2010 at 2:22 AM , Anonymous health said...

Very interesting and cool.. Very nice sharing. Thanks for such a nice post. I really appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home