This Page

has been moved to new address

Review: Lise Watier Hydra Shine Lip Stains

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Review: Lise Watier Hydra Shine Lip Stains

Friday, August 20, 2010

Review: Lise Watier Hydra Shine Lip Stains

Usually when you have a stain you are desperate for it to come off, but in my quest to find the perfect lip stain I want the opposite effect. I am leaving soon for a trip to the Mayan Riviera and the last thing I want is to have lipstick lacquered to my lips in heat and humidity-never mind having to worry about how it will bleed in the water. My alternative is to find a lip stain that will give me the perfect amount of colour without looking all dolled up and diva-fied by the poolside.

While flipping through a recent issue of Elle Canada, my eyes were riveted to a colour wheel made entirely of lip stains. One fuchsia colour in particular caught me eye and I discovered that it was from Lise Watier's Spring Collection.

The Lise Watier Hydra Shine Lip Stains are long wearing, paraben free, water-based dyes. The felt tip applicator makes it easy to line your lips for the perfect pout and use the side to fill in for a shiny and luscious look. Unlike other lipstains on the market that are very drying and flaky, these lip stains do not negatively impact your lips ability to retain moisture.

from left to right: Fuchsia, Rose Orchidee, Baie, Cerise, Naturel

Labels:

8 Comments:

At September 8, 2010 at 2:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor you !
I would have loved to hear your review, but unfortunately Louis is playing a lot louder than you are and it's impossible to hear anything whatsoever.
Thanks for the swatch of Watier. Not enough women indulge in that brand.
C.

 
At September 8, 2010 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I apologize for Louis drowning me out! I have sinced removed the playlist from my blogs sidebar. I had the settings to play only when clicked, but that didn't seem to work and it played automatically. You should be able to hear the video content now. Also, if you would like a wider screen, you can double click on the video and it will take you to Youtube. Thanks!

 
At January 21, 2011 at 11:02 PM , Anonymous organic foundation said...

Thanks for the review.There are so many cosmetics in the market that it is hard to ascertain what should be good for use.The long lasting yet luscious look is impressive.

 
At April 18, 2011 at 1:26 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Hey there, I'm looking for the perfect hot pink lip stain and Lise Watier is one brand I've come across. I am hesitant to purchase it, though, only because I've had bad experiences with make-up that comes in a felt-tipped marker form as it dries out within a few wears/weeks. I know this is a complaint with the Tokidoki and Josie Maran's stains. Did you find this with the Lise Watier stains as well? Please let me know! :)

 
At April 18, 2011 at 11:36 AM , Blogger Lydia said...

Hi Laura! Great questions. Unfortunately, this is the primary fault in any product that is packaged with a felt tip pen. Unless they are stored standing up with the felt tip pointed downwards, they tend to dry out more quickly than the average product. If you are looking for a great lip stain (especially hot pink) then I HIGHLY recommend the Tarte lipstains. They come in two different finishes-glossy and matte- and because they apply like a lip balm they don't dry out. I did a review of them if you want to check it out.

 
At April 18, 2011 at 11:53 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for your quick response! Yeah I figured that would be the case with the Lise Watier Stain. Sigh. How long did yours last? I just read your review on the Tarte stains, thanks. I tried those in the store, though only on my hand, and the color was very sheer and didn't seem to "stain" like others i tried. Do you think this is the case? And if you had to pick one, which would you pick- Lise Watier or Tarte? Thanks! :)

 
At April 19, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Lydia said...

Mine last for quite a few hours (approximately 5). The matte Tarte lipstains are much more pigmented than the natural ones. The natural ones do swatch quite sheer but on the lips they do come out darker (depending on how dark your natural lip colour already is). If I had to pick one I would still choose start. If you are looking for a good felt tip stain to try that costs less than Lise Watier, Revlon has a great fuchsia one.

 
At April 19, 2011 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Ok thanks for your help! I will try the Tarte again :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home