This Page

has been moved to new address

Getting Personal Part 1

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Getting Personal Part 1

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Getting Personal Part 1

Ever since I started my beauty channel on YouTube (and consequently, this blog), the #1 question I have received is:

"What does the 'BB' in your screen name stand for?"

The consensus was that it stood for "Beauty Blog", but I am sorry to say you are mistaken. Everything about my online moniker-PerfectlyImpefectBB-is very much a tongue-in-cheek approach to a blog commenting on an industry that strives for perfection. I am a perfectionist that has come to terms with the fact that it is my imperfections that allow me to be unique. This is the approach that I take with my blog-embrace your imperfections and highlight the aspects that make you unique. I see myself as a beauty commentator, not guru by any means. I am humbled that people want to read about my opinions and suggestions.

Which brings me back to the "BB." Initially, I wanted it stand for "Beauty and Books" (representing my two topic specific blogs); but, it actually stands for "Beauty and Brains," dispelling the old prejudice that women interested in beauty in fashion are all fluff and no substance. Growing up, some tactless individuals would sometimes refer to my sister as "the beauty" and to bookwork me as "the brains"-highly offensive to both of us as my sister is an extremely intelligent business woman and I don't go around cracking mirrors ;) But thankfully, our wonderful parents taught us that a woman's true beauty lies in her heart, soul, and mind-a lesson that I hope to pass on to all the young women in my realm of influence.


If you have any other questions you would like me to answer, please post them below for the next edition of Getting Personal.

PS Yes, those are her real eyelashes! Aren't they divine? Once a stranger tugged on them because she didn't believe Rebekah when she said they weren't fake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home