This Page

has been moved to new address

Hair Makeover-All in Good Fun

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Hair Makeover-All in Good Fun

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hair Makeover-All in Good Fun

Confession: I have never dyed my hair. Ever. Yes, I know-shock! horror! Imagine, a beauty blogger who has never dyed her hair. There are several reasons for this:

  1. Pure unadulterated fear.
  2. Fear (once again) of the unknown: Will it look good? What colour will work for me? Do I use a box or go to a salon? What happens if at all goes awry? Will it be dry and damaged?
  3. Fear of my father: This one is meant in jest. I don't actually fear my father, but seeing the look on his face every time I threaten to dye my hair is fun. Which brings me to my next point,
  4. Pride: I am the only one in my family who has this colour hair. Everyone else has been blessed with black glossy hair but I am the light sheep of the flock. Since I was in high school and began entertaining the idea of blonde highlights (ala Rachel Green from FRIENDS), everyone in my family would lament about what a shame it would be to hide my unique colour. 
  5. $$: Do I really want to be bothered with maintaining a colour or re-dyeing to achieve uniformity?
  6. My hair changes naturally in the sun. My hair colour is not flat; in fact, in the sun a plethora of natural (mostly auburn, light brown, and hazelnut) highlights shine through. In the summer it naturally lightens to a shade lighter. My colour has darkened naturally since my high school days, but I attribute that to not getting outdoors as often. Just a theory. 
I may be adventuresome with my makeup, but getting my hair cut always leads to heart palpitations and anxiety. So when I want to be slightly risky and wild without the consequence, I meander over to the Hollywood Hair Virtual Makeover and play around with hairstyles from the outrageous to the refined. And now, to lighten the mood, here are the results of their most popular celebrity hairstyles (laughing is encouraged):

Blonde

For nostalgic purposes, "The Rachel" (aka Jennifer Aniston)

Blake Lively

Amanda Seyfried

Ashley Greene

Brunette
Kristen Stewart (aka "Bella Swan"...I still hate Twilight)

Jessica Szhor

Lea Michele

Mila Kunis

Red (the IT colour for autumn...just not it for me)

Christina Hendricks

Debra Messing

Julia Roberts

Jennifer Gardner

This site is great fun, especially if you get a group of girlfriends together for a laugh. Also, if you are looking for a bridal or special event "do," try a few on without the stylist fee!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 30, 2010 at 1:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These all look so ridiculous on you! It's crazy! A lot of it is because you're eyebrows are too dark, but still!!!

I have just sat and watched a bunch of grade 9s have their hair checked for lice. About 5 actually have it. I don't htink it ever went around my high school... But the girls get so freaked out about it you have to spend half your time calming them down and then convincing their parents they need to go home.

Don't you miss teaching? ;)

Alice

 
At September 30, 2010 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Is it normal that I am jealous of you right now? Send me frantic kids and hyperventilating parents! LOL. My school (or one that I have worked at) never had a lice breakout so I don't envy you the anxiety of diagnosing every tingle in your head ;)

This program just reinforced my resolve to NEVER dye my hair. I just don't think my colouring lends itself to any other colour but my own. When we start seeing white hairs, maybe I will reassess.

I miss you!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

ps the blonde sent me into fits of laughter. The orange makes me look like an oompa loompa. And black-can we say creature from the blue lagoon? hahahaha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home