This Page

has been moved to new address

Review: Betty Hula-Honest and Natural Beauty

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Review: Betty Hula-Honest and Natural Beauty

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Review: Betty Hula-Honest and Natural Beauty


I was introduced to the Betty Hula skin care range by The British Beauty Blogger in mid-August and had since been dying to try out their products. Anything that claims natural and fair trade ingredients draws me in, so you can imagine my delight when I was contacted by the lovely people over at Betty Hula asking if I would like to sample some of their products. YES PLEASE!

Considering that these products are from the UK, I was astonished by how quickly they arrived in Canada. I had gone away on holidays for a week and found this package awaiting my return home. That means from the time I was offered samples to their actual arrival took 10 days-a postage miracle! Inside of my goody-bag I found samples of the Kiwi and Lime Shea Butter Moisturizing Cream and The Secret Anti-Ageing Oil.

All of Betty Hula's products are handcrafted and safe for all skin types (a relief to my problematic skin). The core ingredients are Grade A Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter, and Vitamin E. The exotic scents and packaging are inspired by Hawaii and I must say that their inspiration is perfectly executed. I love everything about the packaging from the beautiful script and tropical colours, to the adorable likeness of a hula  girl. The moment I popped the lid on my Kiwi and Lime Moisturizer I was immediately transported back to my childhood vacations in Maui, playing in the surf amidst fruit trees by day and dinning at the luaus at twilight.
The products live up to their claims of luxurious textures and natural benefits. The moisturizing cream is thick (yet not heavy), smoothly whipped, and non-greasy. It absorbs seamlessly into the skin and leaves behind perfectly moisturized and nourished skin. The scent lingers for hours and awakens the senses. This product has become a permanent feature in my night-time and post-bath ritual, which just means that I am going to have to order full sizes of all three scents (Champagne and Spice, Kiwi and Lime, Rum and Blackcurrant).

I must admit that I was initially mystified with what I should do with the anti-ageing oil as I am not yet at the stage of life where this is a major concern for me. I experimentally applied the oil to my hands, elbows and knees and immediately began noticing renewed hydration and smoothness to dried and patchy areas. The oil is thin and light, which makes it easy to blend into the skin. Like the moisturizer, it is not at all greasy and gives skin a healthy glow.

I am in love with these product range! I highly suggest it to anyone looking for delicious moisturizers that can ease your mind with "traditional values with a contemporary twist."

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 30, 2010 at 5:15 AM , Blogger Betty Hula Beauty said...

Fab review thank you very much!
As a special thank you to all your readers - get 25% off at www.bettyhula.co.uk by entering BHB25 at checkout

Love Betty x

 
At October 10, 2010 at 9:11 AM , Anonymous Amarya said...

Thank you for a great review. The Betty Hula range of products sounds amazing and they are on my shopping list!!

 
At October 10, 2010 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Amarya My pleasure. The products smell DIVINE.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home