This Page

has been moved to new address

These Boots Were Made For Strutting

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: These Boots Were Made For Strutting

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

These Boots Were Made For Strutting

I am all set for whatever winter weather is thrown my way. Last month when I flew back to Montreal to pack up my belongings, I put a large dent in my shoe collection and gave away/threw out shoes that were old, out-dated, worn, tattered, or simply no longer held any appeal. The end result was one suitcase of shoes that I carted back across the country to fill my new wardrobe in Vancouver.

Now that autumn has arrived in all of its colourful splendor, I took stock of my boot collection and noticed a few gaps that needed to be filled. And by gaps I mean I wanted more boots! Ever the budget conscious fashionista, I pitter-pattered over to Winners and Payless to see what seasonal offerings they had. I have found great boots at both in the past that are chic and affordable (like the Steve Maddens posted a few weeks back), and thus (almost) guilt free purchases.

Winners

I have been searching high and low for over-the-knee boots since last winter but I could never find a pair that a) fit over my calves b) were long enough to come over the knee (my height is carried in my legs) c) were affordable, or d) had a suitable and comfortable heel. I actually spotted these boots by Andrew Geller as I was standing by the checkout waiting for my sister after a fruitless (or shoeless, rather) shopping excursion. Miracle of miracles they fit all of my above criteria and the suede finish is buttery soft. They are also quite versatile as the top portion can be cuffed so that it sits below the knee.


Payless Shoes

My trusty snow boots were forced into retirement after their 5th Montreal winter so new ones were an absolute necessity. Obviously Vancouver has much milder winters than Montreal, but I am all about being prepared and you never know when a sojourn up to Whistler or Sun Peaks is in order. These snow boots by Predictions are not the most fashionable footwear, but they are warm, cushioned, and don't require wrestling to get on and off. The actually look significantly cuter on than they do slouching on my bed.


I switched into these Fioni booties the minute I completed my transaction. My feet were aching from an ill-advised pair of heels I threw on so my jeans wouldn't drag, but my toes had become numb and these boots were the perfect remedy. The heel is perfect for everyday (just shy of 3 inches) and they work with jeans, pants, and tights.


I had seen these Fioni shoes online and was hoping that they were as comfortable as they were pretty. Success! Personally, I would wear these with tights, skirts, and dresses because I wouldn't want to cover the pretty ruffle detailing under a long pant. These are definitely my favourite purchase of the lot.


Are there any more coming out of there?


Many people have informed me that suede (both real and faux) are not sensible for Vancouver weather but I obstinately refuse to have my footwear restricted by tempermental weather. How do you feel about suede shoes for autumn and winter?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 20, 2010 at 7:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find suede weird in general and don't own any (in shoes at least! I have one suede jacket).

I think it's strange on shoes and sometimes I find the feel icky.

But I applaud others who wear it!

Alice

 
At October 20, 2010 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I am okay with suede as long as there is a lining. It doesn't do well with humidity against the skin unless there is a lining otherwise it feels slick.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home