This Page

has been moved to new address

Review: Benefit Bella Bamba vs Coarlista

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Review: Benefit Bella Bamba vs Coarlista

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Review: Benefit Bella Bamba vs Coarlista


Confession: Before this moment, I had never owned Benefit's icon Coralista blush. I know. Shock, horror. What kind of beauty commentator doesn't have this staple in their collection? After using it these past two days, I have chastised myself for dragging my feet and not purchasing it sooner. I had somehow gotten it in my head that it was too similar to Benefit's Sugar Bomb (which I have had for a while). WRONG. Completely different.

The intensity of the colour is perfect and it leaves your skin with a healthy glow (read: no obnoxious shimmer). The shade is soft corally pink that mimics the natural flush of your cheeks. The powder is very finely milled which means it applies like a dream. Coralista is easy to blend and has impressive staying power. For me, this is a more natural and flattering alternative to NARS Orgasasm. 


Part of the Benefit novelty is the cute vintage packaging. In the past, Benefits powders have all come with a removable top, but with the newest addition Bella Bamba, the top is now a folding lid. Personally, I prefer the new packaging because the magnet in the lid ensures that it won't open during travel. On the other hand, Bella Bamba has significantly less product in the box but retails at the same price as Coralista. 

Bella Bamba is a mid-toned pink with gold shimmer. It is the perfect pop of pink to the cheeks and can be   sheered out or built up depending on your preference. The texture is almost identical to Coralista but that is were the similarities end. Benefit describes Bella Bamba as a 3D blush, and I take that to mean the colour livens up your complexion and the shimmer gives your skin a glow as opposed to a matte texture. 

The colours are so different that the easiest thing to say is that they are BOTH must-have cheek products. You could own only these two blushes and you would be set for life. 


Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 29, 2010 at 7:33 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Great swatches...I was very disappointed by Coralista as it doesn't really suit my complexion, but Bella Bamba looks pink enough for me :) If you like Urban Decay enter my Book of Shadows 3 giveaway!
Kat x

 
At December 29, 2010 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Great point Kat! I am extremely pale so Coralista is quite vivid on my skin tone. Bella Bamba would work marvelously on richer and darker complexions.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home