This Page

has been moved to new address

Put Down the Lipstick and Walk Away!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Put Down the Lipstick and Walk Away!!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Put Down the Lipstick and Walk Away!!


After indulging in the Chanel Spring Collection, I put myself on a "no-buy"; in other words, no makeup related purchases for a month. My self-inflicted makeup buying drought has drawn to a close and, oddly enough, it was a liberating experience.


As a beauty blogger sometimes I feel the pressure to "Keep up with the Joneses" (or in this case, Keep up with the Lauders) to produce blogging content that is fresh and high-interest. Every time there is a new release or hyped-up product, a sense of panic kicks in and I feel like I have to review it on my blog to stay current or before the product loses its novelty status. After this month of frugality I have discovered that I can be an active member of the beauty blogging community without constantly amassing new products.

The first week was a true test of my will but I persevered, and, like an addict slowly going through withdrawal, I learned to avoid MAC, Sephora and the beauty aisle at the grocery store. One of my revelations was that you don't have to own a product to be able to talk about it. I know some of you are think "Duh, Lydia. That doesn't take a genius." Over this past month I have been able to truly appreciate my collection and rediscover old loves. 

Don't get me wrong. I have definitely added to my wish list during this time (namely the Chanel Rouge Shines), but I don't feel like I need to rush out and get any of them immediately. Everything in moderation and it is time I practice what I preach about "want vs need." 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home