This Page

has been moved to new address

Royal Wedding: And the bride wore..

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Royal Wedding: And the bride wore..

Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding: And the bride wore..


This is my last Royal Wedding post, I promise. But I can't lay out the wedding crumbs without giving you a full slice of the cake. I set my alarm for 2:30am Pacific time to watch the royal processional without being subjected to hours of drab commentary leading up to the main event (because we all know the people we want to see always arrive last). 

The Dress

The most important fashion commission in three decades was awarded to Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen.  My first glimpse of the dress I gasped and squealed "TOTALLY CALLED IT!!" I have been saying for weeks that the perfect royal wedding dress from modern history was Grace Kelly's, and distinct comparisons can be drawn between the two "commoner-to-princess" brides. 

In my opinion, this was a very smart move by Kate and Sarah Burton because the dress is timeless, flawless elegance yet still modern and appropriate for a young bride. Kate wore the dress, the dress didn't wear her. I am unashamed to admit that I have saved pictures of this dress from all angles to reference when (if) my Prince Charming comes calling. 

The Hair and The Veil

Thrilled that she decided to leave her hair down and swept back to compliment her beautiful bone structure. When you have luscious tresses like Kate's, why hide them in a stiff updo? The lace edged veil trailed down with fluid gracefulness which complimented the hair style perfectly. 


The Makeup

As I mentioned before, Kate did her own makeup and it was impeccable. She could teach a lot of women a thing or two. I cannot confirm which products she used-the rumour is Bobbi Brown-but I will post as soon as I can find out (so maybe I lied and this won't be my last Royal Wedding past after all). Kate opted for a very natural foundation that allowed her flawless skin to show through, a soft smokey eye, light contour, rose blush and a light glossy pink lip. If I had to be picky, I would suggest that the lower black liner be softened a little more, but that is just a matter of preference. 

This historical event lived up to all the hype and was definitely worth the few hours less sleep. Best wishes to the newlyweds!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home