This Page

has been moved to new address

Beauty Icon: Rachel McAdams

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Beauty Icon: Rachel McAdams

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Beauty Icon: Rachel McAdams

I'm generally not one of those people who plays the "She/He is Canadian" pride card, but I make an exception for Rachel McAdams. I can not think of someone who represents Canadian women better than the exquisitely and timelessly beautiful Ms. McAdams, and Canadians are proud to call her our own. She exudes natural femininity whether she is all glammed up (with the help of makeup artist sister Kayleen McAdams) or going au natural running errands around Toronto. She has managed to avoid the superficiality of Hollywood and maintained the down-to-earth-girl-next-door charm that appealed her to the masses years ago. 

Leading up to and during this years Cannes Film Festival Rachel has been experimenting with some of this years summer trends. Her sense of adventure and creativity is evident in her willingness to try anything (remember her pink hair?). Rachel can pull off any hair color and style with ease; I think her blonder and retro hair style is perfect for the summer months. In terms of makeup, she and Kayleen have been experimenting with the latest summer beauty trends and there isn't a single one that I don't love on Rachel. 

(I may actually give yellow eyeshadow a shot after this)
(after seeing this, I am not as opposed to the orange trend)

So if you are looking to take your beauty cues from anyone, look no further! Retro, boho, classic, funk, preppy-Rachel can pull them all off; but, most importantly, she never loses her magnetic personality and never lets her look overpower who she is. Certainly a lesson in confidence for all of us. 

Labels:

9 Comments:

At May 29, 2011 at 10:31 PM , Blogger a girl named Sam said...

I couldn't agree more! I'm watching The Notebook on TV right now, and earlier Wedding Crashers was on :)

 
At May 29, 2011 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Sarah. said...

I agree completely! She always looks so beautiful.

I honestly didn't know she was Canadian, and I had no idea about her sister (who has a GREAT portfolio I must add). :)

 
At May 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Sam No current actress can take a close-up like Rachel can. And that skin! Any hair colour is fantastic on her.

@Sarah Kayleen has become a celebrity makeup artist in her own right. She has so much talent and really understands how to make trends work. I love her work.

 
At May 30, 2011 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Shadowy Lady said...

I love Rachel McAdams too and proud she's Canadian :) I always love her hair especially and also her outfits. Especially when she mixed old hollywood hair with ultra modern dresses.

I wish i could rock a low v-neck like her. But my damn big boobies won't allow me, lol! She really rocks them though!

 
At May 30, 2011 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I completely agree. She has a great way of mixing vintage beauty trends with modern fashion to keep it current. I have a very large bust as well so I have to avoid some of the styles that I love most on her.

 
At May 31, 2011 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Opal Stevens said...

I find people who can pull of so many looks fascinating. I wish I could do that! Great blog - definitely following!

http://opalstevens.blogspot.com

 
At May 31, 2011 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup said...

I was going to say that this girl can pull off any hair color too! I wish I could say the same about myself. She's such a classic beauty, one of the greats of this generation.

 
At June 18, 2011 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Ali said...

i have to agree she is classy and always looks radiant - have you seen troy jensen's blog? he seems to do lots of make up looks on her - i think she looks amazing here http://tinyurl.com/6cwcybk
i also love her with dark hair.

 
At June 18, 2011 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Thanks for the link to Troy Jensen's blog, it's fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home