This Page

has been moved to new address

Because the Sun Doesn't Discriminate

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Because the Sun Doesn't Discriminate

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Because the Sun Doesn't Discriminate


The summer gives my anxiety for two reasons: bathing suits and sunshine. Most women can sympathize with my bathing suit phobia but I get my share of bewildered stares when I inform people that I have sun-induced paranoia. If you were as pale as death and your skin attracted UV rays like sheets of aluminum, you would understand me very well. 

My summer colour has two stages: pasty white to cherry tomato red. No in between. No fading to honey bronze. White and red like the Canadian flag (represent!). Thus is my cross (Literally. Criss crosses from my swimsuit) to bear if I dare bask in the glorious rays of the sun, real or artificial. I enjoy sunny weather and sunshine warming my skin as much as the next vitamin D deficient Vancouverite, but I can only indulge in short intervals with SPF 75 shellaced on to my skin.

Thus, my quest before summer is to find the best bronzers and sunless tans that I can. I have received one from Beautisol that already seems very promising and I am excited to share the before-and-afters with you. So if you have any requests or suggestions to tan this colorless skin, let me know!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 7, 2011 at 1:13 AM , Blogger dani@callitbeauty said...

i'm so glad i'm not a sun worshipper. i've always loved being pale but lately, i've been wanting a bronze glow so i'm using one of those gradual self tanners.

can't wait to see your before & after :).

 
At May 8, 2011 at 8:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote you a nice long comment on here the other day, and then it wouldn't post and I couldn't be bothered to retype it.

Since then I have read two interesting new articles on the topic. This month's Vogue and Real Simple both have features of sunscreen. Go get them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home