This Page

has been moved to new address

Looking Through Rose Coloured Palettes With Dior

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Looking Through Rose Coloured Palettes With Dior

Monday, July 18, 2011

Looking Through Rose Coloured Palettes With Dior


Sometimes it is the products I love the most that take me the longest time to write about. I hightailed it to the Bay  the minute the Dior Summer 2011 Electric Tropics hit the counters months ago, but am finally getting around to posting about my two favourite purchases. Initially I told myself, "Lydia, you can buy one eye shadow quint. ONE. They look similar so pick ONE." That resolve was short lived. 


Admittedly the Rosy Nude and Rosy Tan palettes look similar in their packaging but on my skin tone, one is more daytime and the other is more evening. So I bought both. Completely justified...AHEM!

Daytime: Rosy Nude #534


Evening: Rosy Tan #754

I have never been let down by a Dior quint which is why I continually invest in them. When you purchase a Dior quint you know that your are getting high quality pigments, sophisticated finishes, blendable and multi-functional colours, and endless combinations. Unfortunately, that cannot be said for many other high end makeup houses. If you took away all of my other eyeshadows and left me with just my Dior quints, I would still be able to create innumerable looks and be happy....But just so we're clear, I'm not getting rid of my other palettes any time soon.

Grade: A-


Labels:

5 Comments:

At July 18, 2011 at 4:07 PM , Anonymous Patricia Dobbyn said...

So if I want advice or a make-over, I'll call you? :)

 
At July 18, 2011 at 5:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never picked up one of these, but now I'm thinking I've made a mistake! They are so pretty!

 
At July 18, 2011 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Patricia: Or you can call just to say hi :) Miss you xox

@Tracy: They really are pretty! And such easy neutrals that don't require any brainpower LOL

 
At July 19, 2011 at 10:01 AM , Anonymous Reena said...

I'd always pic the cheaper dupes because I didn't think that investing on high end products is worth the money, but now that I've seen this palette, I'm beginning to change my mind... lol... I love the pink one! I'm such a sucker for pinks!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Reena: certain high ends are not worth the investment because the quality is not that different from more accessible and affordable brands. Dior has always been an exception for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home