This Page

has been moved to new address

Benefit They're Real Maccara

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Benefit They're Real Maccara

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Benefit They're Real Maccara

They may be real, but they aren't great. I had high expectations for this mascara after seeing the ingenious brush, but unfortunately that is where my love for this mascara ends. 
The brush is genius. I actually cleaned it off and tried it with another mascara that I love and the results were unparalleled when compared to how it works with the Benefit formula. It is a hybrid between Cover Girl Lash Blast and Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes. The short bristles work fantastically for separating and lengthening the lashes while the bulbous tip gets right into the roots to lift and curl each lash. The key is to use the wand horizontally and vertically, so applying your mascara requires a bit of a time commitment. 
Unfortunately this mascara loses big points on formula. I hate crimped spider leg lashes, and that is exactly the effect I get. I think the problem is that the consistency is too thick for layering. The first coat looks promising and you could stop there, but it doesn't give the breathtaking result that the marketing promises. After the second coat fibrous clumping is noticeable and lashes require a comb through. This formula is best for curling and lengthening, but volumizing is not one of its attributes. 

Grade: C+

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 9, 2011 at 12:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the first negative reviews I have seen and I'm glad, I hate it as well!

 
At October 9, 2011 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I was worried when I saw only good reviews out there thinking I got a bad tube. But my friend bought it as well and hates it. I think this works best on short/sparse lashes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home