This Page

has been moved to new address

A Must-Have: Annabelle Smoothie Eyeshadow Pencil

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: A Must-Have: Annabelle Smoothie Eyeshadow Pencil

Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Must-Have: Annabelle Smoothie Eyeshadow Pencil

The new generation of brightly coloured long wear eyeshadow. Waterproof, crease-free and mess-free, the Smoothie eyeshadow pencils will keep going as long as you do! Use them as a liner, as an eyeshadow by using only one shade all over the lid or by blending more colours of Smoothie pencils together, or even as an eyeshadow base to give your favourite powdered shadows a professional hold and an outstanding colour pay-off! The makeup junkie in you will be ecstatic! Easy to apply, convenient and fast, this versatile, creamy, light-weight pencil is available in a variety of vibrant hues. -Annabelle Cosmetics ($8.95  CAD)
For as long as Annabelle makes the Smoothie Eyeshadow Pencils and releases new colours, I will buy them. This are the best executed shadow pencil I have tried to date and my only gripe is that there aren't enough colours to satisfy me! 

The formula is very similar to Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on Shadow Pencils, except they are smoother. Yes, smoother! Oh yea, and did I mention that they are also $12 cheaper than Urban Decay? 

These work best when applied directly to the eye from the pencil. Because they are so smooth, there isn't any tugging of the super sensitive skin on your lid resulting in a smooth finish without creping. The consistency is like smooth butter and they apply opaque, but they are easily sheered out with a blending brush or fingers. Smoothie Pencils can be worn alone or as shadow bases (evidenced here and here). I got a solid 8-10 hours wear out of these each time I wore them which is a huge accomplishment on my eyes. 
(Above: Melonade, Down 2 Earth)
(Below: Acaidasiac, Grapeful, Cocoloco)
Grade: A

**Disclosure: 3 out of 5 provided for editorial consideration**

Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 20, 2011 at 11:19 PM , Blogger Mariana said...

last time I tried them (during spring/summer) they creased on me :'( maybe I should give them another try :) I'm loving that Down 2 Earth shade

 
At November 20, 2011 at 11:40 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I always apply a primer to my lids before shadow so I haven't worn them primer-less. My eyelids tend to be oily so now I'm curious to see the results. I will test them without a primer and back to you.

Yes, Down 2 Earth is such a great color! Perfect for autumn.

 
At November 21, 2011 at 12:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these so much! Can't live without them now.

 
At November 24, 2011 at 12:10 AM , Anonymous Cathy of Longer Eyelash said...

Wow great colors, i love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home