This Page

has been moved to new address

Hair Makeover at Lure Salon in Heart of Downtown Vancouver

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Hair Makeover at Lure Salon in Heart of Downtown Vancouver

Monday, January 30, 2012

Hair Makeover at Lure Salon in Heart of Downtown Vancouver

Since moving to Vancouver a year and a half ago, my hair has been led to slaughter on two occasions as I tried to find a new hair stylist. I had given up trying to fix it and the result was a scraggly, outgrown and confused hairstyle that was begging to be delivered from its joyless existence. After a providential encounter with a makeup artist at Sephora right before Christmas, I was convinced that Lure Salon and its cofounder Linda Refosco would be my hair's saving grace.

Lure Salon, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, is an energetic and fashion loving salon that focuses on masterful quality and luxurious experience. When sitting in a hair designers chair, clients feel like they have been welcomed in to the fold of a close, bubbly, exquisitely chic family and never want to leave. All of the designers are geniuses that have their finger on the pulse of new beauty trends and techniques that bring life back to your tired tresses. 

December 30th was my day of reckoning, so armed with a few photos for inspiration I was ushered to an oval table in the centre of all the action where Linda performs her consultations. My one request was "Get rid of this tail hanging down my back." We poured over the pictures I had brought and she thoroughly explained how certain looks would work and why others wouldn't. After she pulled some suggestions from the mountains of current magazines, we both agreed on Khloe Kardashian. 

The one word that best describes Linda is wisdom. Ladies, she is the real deal. A hair designer that can see the finished product even before she has started creating. She took in to consideration my attachment to length, the thickness and texture of my hair, and the shape of my face. Once I sat in her chair all of my fears fled and I let her have her way with me. 

Inspiration: Khloe Kardashian

Before
My hair in all of its frizzy au naturel glory. I purposely left it wavy because I like for hair designers to see what it does when left on its own. On the off day that I leave my hair untamed, I still need my hair cut to work for me. 
After
Taken 6 hours after the taming of my shrewish hair. This is the BEST haircut I have had in years. No, scrap that. EVER. Linda's enchanted scissors managed to keep the length I love (hello security blanket), but still permanently ended the existence of that horrid tail. This hair cut has afforded me endless styling possibilities. The soft long layers throughout hold volume and curl perfectly. For the more casual days, a quick blow dry with a paddle and round brush give me soft movement and smooth tresses. 


I can not extol the virtues of Lure Salon enough. It is the place in Vancouver to find either your signature look or your "it" look of the season. 

**Please excuse the poor camera phone quality pictures.**

Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 30, 2012 at 1:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your hair are simply GORGEOUS.

 
At January 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

*blushes*

 
At April 11, 2012 at 3:26 PM , Anonymous Linda said...

Hi Lydia, Thank you so much for your kind words. I just came across this recently and really appreciate the wonderful review. We'd love to have you back! Hope to see you soon. All the best.

Linda Refosco

 
At April 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

Hi Linda, my pleasure! I am due for a trim so I will definitely be back :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home