This Page

has been moved to new address

Hair Ends Will be Singing "Let's Stay Together" with TRESemmé Split Remedy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Hair Ends Will be Singing "Let's Stay Together" with TRESemmé Split Remedy

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hair Ends Will be Singing "Let's Stay Together" with TRESemmé Split Remedy

My bi-annual hair cut means that I need to be on the offensive against split ends otherwise my hair can look frizzy and frazzled. My hair doesn't respond well to the majority of drugstore brands that I have tried. Either they dry out my hair because of all of the chemicals and strong detergents or they leave my hair limp and oily. One of the brands that has been an exception to this rule is TRESemmé-a brand that lives up to its claim of professional results at a consumer accessible price. 

I had the opportunity to try the new TRESemmé Split Remedy range over the month of March and was very pleased with the results. Each of the products contains their exclusive Reconstructing Complex that they claim work together to repair up to 80% of split ends after three uses:
The advanced technology in the Reconstructing Complex utilizes both negatively and positively charged polymers inside a gel body. Because split ends are negatively charged, the positive charges of the gel body actually attach to the negative charges inside of the split and contract during the drying process to bind split ends together — leaving you with a smooth, frizz proof look and a just-cut look.


I put the whole range through a series of tests to see how it held up against different styling techniques. I used the shampoo and conditioner for each wash, but alternated the three styling post-wash/styling products. 

Wash 1: Air Dry
Less noticeable fly aways and hair held my natural curl with less frizzing. Moderate tangling.

Wash 2-4: Blow Dry
Smooth blow dry, especially the ends. The straight style held all day without curling on the ends, as it usually does. No frizzing at the ends and diminished fly aways around the crown in the morning. Minor tangling.
 
Wash 5-6: Air Dry
Significantly less visible breakage and frizz at the ends. Minor tangling. 


Overall, I think that this is a very good product range and it certainly helps to repair tired looking and damaged hair. I wouldn't use this product for a prolonged period of time simply because after two weeks I felt like my hair needed a bit more moisture. My hair was smooth, but it could have felt softer. I think that it is a good preventative measure to use for 3 washes every month to month and a half, especially when you are drawing close to needing another hair cut but want to buy more time. A particularly useful range if you are trying to grow out your hair and are avoiding the hair dresser! 

The Products

Split Remedy Shampoo and Conditionner

These products have to be used together for the full benefit to be observed. They have a light fruit scent that lingers all day and is very nice. The shampoo has a moderate lather and walnut size amount was sufficient for my long hair. The conditionner isn't at all greasy and, again, only a walnut size amount is needed for long hair.  



Leave in Conditioning Spray, Split Remedy Leave-In Conditioning Treatment, Split-End Sealing Serum

For me, these three products performed the same task but at varying degrees of intensity. I would recommend the conditioning spray for fine hair, the conditioning treatment for medium texture hair, and the serum for thick-coarse hair. If you blow dry your hair more than air dry, then I recommend the serum (my favourite). These three products help to reduce tangled hair while they repair split ends. They can be integrated into your usual shampoo and styling routine.

Full Range Grade: B+


**Disclosure: Products provided by PR for editorial consideration**

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

Great review, Lydia! I was considering picking up something from this line a little while ago - definitely glad I checked out your review first!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home