This Page

has been moved to new address

Zara and Aldo Haul

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Perfectly Imperfect Beauty: Zara and Aldo Haul

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Zara and Aldo Haul

I made the mistake of walking in to Zara on a particularly low self-esteem day. Everyone within sight looked like a perfectly windblown fashionista goddess to my Shamu. My weight loss efforts have grown exceedingly frustrating complicated by health issues and I am nowhere closer to my goal weight than I was a year ago. Spring and summer always leave me feeling particularly glum as it feels like everyone in athletic Vancouver is running about in cute size 4 shorts and sundresses while I am buying yet another pair of Spanx to harness my size 16 self. All fun has been bled out of clothes shopping and I usually go home feeling depressed and dejected. 

This trip to Zara took a drastic change when my eyes zeroed in on these two linen t-shirts (how apropos):

I picked the name of this blog for a reason and these t-shirts reminded me of it. While I will not give up on my weight loss and health journey, I also can not allow my body image dictate who I am. Happiness may be fleeting and circumstantial, but I want a life full of joy-pure, deep rooted, constant joy. That is my life's pursuit.

After that discovery, I was able to browse the store without resentment and found this incredibly fun large clutch/purse that has fantastic storage and is perfectly on trend with the dual colours. 


ALDO Accessories 

ALDO accessories had some great 2-for-1 deals as they make room for new spring and summer lines. Accessories are my Achilles heel when I'm shipping and I can't resist a cool statement cocktail ring or necklace. 

Labels:

4 Comments:

At May 6, 2012 at 6:28 AM , Anonymous Smokey Eyes said...

Lovely haul, I can't seem to walk into Zara lately without spotting something I want!

 
At May 6, 2012 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Tracy: An online yoga class sounds so interesting! I am going to check it out for sure. I really love the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVDs as well.

 
At May 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Alice said...

Keep it up, Lydia. You can do it! Have you tried JM's Shred and Shed video? I like that one. Being healthy is so hard. But happy tshirts help!

 
At May 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

@Alice: I will have to try that one too! I really love working out and find eating healthy easy (I have even gone gluten free), but my health obstacles seem to be blocking all of my good intentions. One thing is for sure: I am not giving up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home